juvenile myoclonic epilepsy
As it is said:
“One of the Greatest Blessing in Life of a person,,
is the Best health along with the proper senses he keeps”
Basic Words about epilepsy.
Epilepsy ( also termed as “seizers”) is listed as uncontrolled mall activity of either one part of or all parts of central nervous system (CNS). Thus it is associated mainly with the condition & states of our brain ,our emotions and the thoughts we have in it. Epilepsy has many types, one of the most dangerous is the Juvenile myoclonic epilepsy.
A person who has often episodes of the epilepsy seizures, is attacked when the basal level of nervous system exhibility goes above the level of certain threshold. Thus when threshold critical level is crossed then brain exhibits a high nervous activity.
Juvenile epilepsy is that type of epilepsy seizures that happened around the age of adultness. This type of epilepsy is rarely seen in boys and more commonly found in girls. Thus affecting more girls than the boys.
Juvenile myoclonic epilepsy is the disease which has following characteristics:
- It shows excessive contraction muscles on the opposite side of body throughout.
- Bilaterally occuring one or reppeting seizers.
- Irregular and a-rhythmical myoclonic jerks in body.
- Sudden falls in many persons.
- Whole body of patient becomes tonic.
- The Seizures and tonic states are commonly seen in morning.
- Patients with such type of epilepsy show photosensitivity.
Sex ratio of juvenile myoclonic epilepsy & onset ages
It is seen in female commonly, that”s why the cases of this kind of epilepsy are predominent in females than the males. This difference in sex is due to the hormonal balance in the females. The cases of juvenile myoclonic epilepsy onset are clearly related to age of persons and also vary a lot from the restricted criteria. Often juvenile myoclonic epilepsy onsets on the age of puberty or adultness. Also some patient show variation from this & onset of juvenile myoclonic epilepsy is before puberty for them. These persons show the phenomenon of photosensitivity to light. Such persons are more probability effected by juvenile myoclonic epilepsy.
Sex ratio related with age is shown
Important Causes of Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy
Genetics Related to juvenile myoclonic epilepsy.
juvenile epilepsy is that type of syndrome that is inherited genetically. So, Inheritence effects the juvenile epilepsy that means that juvenile epilepsy can go from parents to offsprings equally. A family histroy participate 1/3rd of juvenile epilepsy cases. Juvenile epilepsy is also related with Genetics and it also plays important role in onset for juvenile epilepsy. Genetics increases the cases of this disease in many ways often due to parents potential to juvenile epilepsy.
Diagnosis for Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy
Patient previous history gives the diagnosis for juvenile myoclonic epilepsy. The basic diagnosis is the patient’s history but the jerks also called the myoclonic jerks are the basic symptoms of juvenile myoclonic epilepsy and should be seen & check properly. Also Electroencephalogram (EEG) related with this syndrome will exibit a pattern of spikes and waves. This EEG pattern with spikes and waves is the criteria for diagnosis even the CT Scans & MRI of patients are normal in values. The Image below shows the pattern for Juvenile Epilepsy in EEG readins-Spikes & waves.
How Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy is Treated?
Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy treatment is started by making some advises to the patients to related to their healthy lifestyle to avoid those factors that may cause precipitation of disease.
As it is a famous saying:
“It is the health , that is real wealth”
So keep your health best in any way, and avoid the things that cause your health to be down.
Measures for Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy Treatment are as followings:
- Proper sleep time is necessory for the patients of Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy.
- Avoid Insomnia then the results will be fast, also seizures will occur less common.
- Drugs for the treatment of Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy are many but the effective one is the use of the Valporic Acid.
- Levetiracetam is also prescribed for epilepsy seizures but not well proved for Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy.
- Some drugs should also given to prevent the muoclonic jerks. This will cause an amazing treatment with the orignal medication too.
- Other most aproved drug is the Lamotrigine. This is used most commonly in the whole world for the treatment of Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy.
- Some drugs have an alternative effects to stimulate the seizures. So such drugs should be avoided.